What does the State Government do?

Key responsibilities of the Victorian State Government include public transport such as buses, trams and trains, major arterial roads, hospitals and health services, primary and secondary education, and TAFE.

What do the other levels of government do?

Council’s key responsibilities include collecting rubbish and recycling, maintaining local roads, parks and community centres and delivering maternal and child health services.

The Federal Government’s key responsibilities include immigration, welfare payments (Centrelink), Medicare, universities, defence and foreign affairs.

What assistance and support can Jaclyn and her staff provide?

Jaclyn and her staff can assist you in dealing with State Government departments and agencies and make representations on your behalf regarding local State Government issues or concerns.

We can also refer you to a wide range of local services, from community legal centres and public dental services. If we cannot assist you directly, we will endeavour to put you in touch someone who can.

The office has a range of information booklets on Victorian concessions, consumer and legal rights, community safety tips, and guides to local services.

I have an issue I’d like to raise, but I am not sure if it is a State Government issue. Who do I contact?

Please contact Jaclyn's office via phone on 5783 2000 or via email at j[email protected] and we will be able to provide you with advice.

Can you assist with congratulatory messages?

Jaclyn can help facilitate a range of congratulatory messages. For certain milestones, such as 90th and 100th birthdays and 50th and 60th wedding anniversaries, messages are available from important figures such as the Prime Minister, Premier, Governor of Victoria, Governor General and the Australia Day Council.

For other occasions, such as major accomplishments or milestones, Jaclyn is happy to provide a card or letter of congratulations. 

Funded from Parliamentary Budget.